Monday, November 4, 2013

Cheezy Mexi Rice

So I know that I said my next post would be Kahlua Almonds, BUT... unfortunately I cannot find the Kahlua Coffee Liqueur anymore. I fear the horrible problem I find myself often faced with has yet again happened. It's been......DISCONTINUED! I mean its pretty bad when I can't even find it on amazon. Now on to the rice. Bear with me for now, I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will, and update it all together into one beautiful post.

      This rice is seriously awesome. I love it and it is so dang easy to make. Today, as I was perusing Sam's club, which turned out to be a horrible trip, but that is another story, or rant whichever, I found they had a new addition to their frozen veggies. I know it wont work forever, but hey this is a quickie post anyway, but here is the link for it. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/flav-r-pac-baja-roasted-vegetables-corn-blend-4-5-lbs/prod4050148.ip?navAction=

     Yup, Baha roasted corn blend. It was fate, I had to make this dish.

     Basically, I took two cups of rice and prepared it with a tiny bit of butter.
When the rice was about halfway cooked, I added in about  1 1/2 cups of salsa. Now, I personally use the mildest salsa possible, but remember I also have four kids that I am also feeding this to. Then I mixed in one of the bags of the new Baha mix from sam's club, and finished cooking it in the microwave. No, I don't have a time that it took since my microwave is seriously awesome and has a sensor for just about everything you want to cook.

     After the rice was nice and cooked, the veggies were perfectly done at the same time, and it was all nice and steamy, I emptied it into another bowl and added some shredded cheddarjack cheese to it, and mixed it up. As usual, I didn't measure but if I had to guess, I would say I used about 1-1/2 cups.

     While serving it, I put 3/4 of a cup of the rice, then put a dollop of sour cream on top. I then added about 5 tortilla chips on the side, to eat with them, and.....PERFECTION!!! The kids loved, it, I loved it, even the baby loved his portion!
   
     As I said before though, I will come back and edit this when I actually think to take the pictures, but the recipe is simple enough, that pictures won't be necessary on this one.

GOOD LUCK ALL AND HAPPY EATING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment